Thursday, May 26, 2011

Voice in My Head

The inspiration behind this blog is encouraging Christians to be "real" to each other and to God.  The more we face up to who we really are, the more we see our need for the grace, love, and mercy of a perfect Father. 

I have been battling the voice of doubt in my head.  It tells me that I am not worthy to impart any Biblical truth to anyone.  I do not hold a PHD in theology.  Furthermore, I sin.  Daily.  What if people examine my life as a result of this blog and see my flaws?  Who am I to be used by God to bring encouragement to others?

Well, who I am is this:  I am a sinful person who has accepted the gift of forgiveness from my sins that was offered to me through the blood Jesus shed on the cross.  This forgiveness cancels the punishment of my sins.  I have faith that His blood has redeemed me (or bought me back) and I now belong to Him, flaws and all.  His love for me draws me into a relationship with Him and I love Him more each day.  As my love for Him increases, I want to obey and please Him. 

I am also a person who, from time to time, is impressed with a particular scripture or thought and as a result I am driven, compelled even, to share that thought or revelation with others.  If I believe I belong to Him and I believe the Holy Spirit is inspiring me to share something with others, THAT is what makes me worthy.

   "It's who you are and the way you live that count before God. Your worship must engage your spirit in the pursuit of truth. That's the kind of people the Father is out looking for: those who are simply and honestly themselves before him in their worship. God is sheer being itself—Spirit. Those who worship him must do it out of their very being, their spirits, their true selves, in adoration."
John 4:23-24, The Message

It's who you ARE, not who you WERE.  It's about being honest in your need for Him.  None of us are worthy.  If we were worthy on our own, Jesus died for nothing.

So in summary: I sin.  I ask for forgiveness and try to be more like Jesus.  I occasionally get impressed to share things that are laid on my heart in hopes someone will be encouraged or enlightened because of it.  If that happens, all glory to God.  I am less than nothing without Him.....seriously.

There, now maybe the voice in my head will shut up.

No comments:

Post a Comment