Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I HATE LOSING STUFF!

Such is my personality that I get very upset when I lose something--I mean, really upset.  I am sure it has to do with a deep seeded control issue.  I lost something important this morning.  It was a book.  I know that doesn't sound so devastating, but tucked into the book were important papers.  Regardless of the value, being unable to locate an item is a very unwelcome interruption to my day.  When I went to retrieve it from where I believed it to be, I could not find it.  Concern quickly turned into panic.  Frustation arose in me to the point of tears as I searched everywhere my book possibly could be.  I HATE LOSING STUFF!

I determined to skip my morning devotions; afterall, I was much too distracted and upset to focus on the Bible and prayer. (Although I was praying a rather angry prayer that God would help me find my book.)  Then I received a text from my dad.  Now, my dad takes the time each morning to send his kids a short text of either a Bible verse or an inspirational truth.  Today's text was (are you ready for this?)  "Don't let a problem become an excuse."  Well, talk about a word in due season.  So, I sat down with my Bible and my Sunday School material that I use for my morning devotions and began to force my mind to focus on Ezra, rather than my lost item. 

Wouldn't you know, about five minutes into my study time, my husband calls from work.  He decided to look in his car one more time after we had already scoured it over three times before he left this morning.  But this time, he was lead to move the driver seat all the way forward and there, under the seat, was my book.

God has such a cool way of speaking to us.  He used a lost book and a text from my dad to remind me that although I am not always in control, He is, and I need to chill out and continue to do the right thing. 

What did God say to you today?

1 comment: